BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 10, 2018

Who ARE you strange lady staring back at me in the mirror

These days, I don't resemble myself at all.

My appearance has changed drastically and I am a much smaller version of who I was before, weight wise.

Due to lack of proper sleep/nutrition, if I don't put on my war paint for the day (aka makeup), I look like I haven't slept in frickin' eons...and because I am a visual component for my job, my appearance is always commented on by everyone I encounter.

"You look tired."

or the ever popular:

"Are you sick? You look rough".

And to those people, I say:

"THIS IS MY FACE YO. MAH FACE. FINE LINES/DARK CIRCLES N SHIT...THIS IS HOW I LOOK NORMALLY....but hey, wtg on making me feel that if I don't look perfect, that I look hideous/ill/dying from some strange disease".

But now...due to the weight loss, EVERYONE wants to discuss it:

"Oh you look so good!...uh, not to say that you didn't look good before...you look better...I...er I mean...did I forget to mention you look great?"

"You must be exercising" or "what diet are you on, the results are great".

...
...

See, I used to be a more voluptuous lass in the day. Fuck, been fighting with the battle of the bulge for so long, it's just become normal.

So, due to having been on the receiving end of the looks of contempt for daring to be overweight, and then seeing these same people being two faced and now welcoming me based solely for superficial reasons, makes me sick to my stomach, 'cause...well, I've always accepted people for who they are, I don't care what they look like/their skin pigmentation/their background/what they may or may not have between their legs, people with disabilities... why should any of that hold any value? It DOESN'T, and SHOULDN'T, and it pisses me off when you see people being all "WOW YOU LOOK GOOD LETS HANG OUT MORE" or "Ooh...you were the token fat chick at our outtings, now you're becoming competition so we can't hang out with you anymore"... honestly, what IN the holy fuck is that nonsense eh? Blows my damn mind.

I guess I'm fed up over how shallow people are, makes me livid sometimes...and makes me want to go hide under my covers and tell the world to fuck right off.

0 comments: